Video [16 min] How to import TATEMS Work Orders Into Quickbooks
In the video below I show you how to use the custom spreadsheet I created called:
You can find it here:
Here are the steps to Import from TATEMS Fleet Maintenance Software To Quickbooks.
- Create or Edit Lists in Quickbooks so that you have these 3: Work Order, Parts and Labor (you only need to do this one time)
- Open the custom spreadsheet and link if to your TATEMS data file (you only need to do this one time as long as you save the spreadsheet)
- Filter the list of work orders in Excel using the Date Completed Field
- Copy and paste the invoices including the row with the header names from the list on sheet 1 to Sheet 2 in Excel
- Save the spreadsheet but leave it open.
- Make sure Quickbooks is open using the Quickbooks Company file you want to use.
- Create a Custom Invoice Layout that adds the “Other” Field In Quickbooks. (This is to display the Equipment Number on the Invoice) and set it as default. (you only do this once but may need to set it as default each time if you use a different default )
- Open Zed Axis and choose Quickbooks Desktop and click the Connect button to connect to the currently open Quickbooks company file
- Click the Import Tab in Zed Axis and link to the Excel File
- Choose Sheet 2
- Create or choose a Mapping Template of the Fields to Map from the Excel Spreadsheet to Quickbooks (You can import the template I already created into Zex Axis. Right click and Save http:///pchelpltd.com/tatemsdl/download/TATEMSImportMappingForZedAxis.xml Then click on the Choose Mapping Dropdown->Import Mapping. The template only needs to be created or imported once and then can be reused in future imports )
- On Import Options Choose your preference “If Already exists” you can choose for example “Skip” to skip importing invoices that have already exist with the same invoice number inside Quickbooks .
- If all your invoices that you want imported are selected in the list then click the import button and the process will show you the status until it’s completed.
As noted above many of these steps only have to be completed one time.
If you are current on your TATEMS support and version upgrades and you need any further customization on this spreadsheet that pulls data from TATEMS and I can get it created for you.
All The Best!